Hi Arthur,

|checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
|configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
|cannot create executables."

Download gcc and install it, it looks like you don't have it
installed...

| Thank you for using hongkong.com Email system

How HK doing? I just got back from there on saturday, I'm back in the
dismal UK wether again now :(

Haydn

                        ''~``
Sun Microsystems.      ( o o )
------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.------------------
Haydn Haines.                    Tel: +44 1252 421537
Pre Sales Technical Office.      Fax: +44 1252 420118

                    .oooO
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       (   )   Oooo.              X21537
                            (_/

This Email is only for the use of the intended recipient and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this Email in
error, please notify the sender immediately, delete the Email and do
not use or disseminate its contents.