[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > One thing I don't understand: why do you optimize for size?  Doesn't
> > it almost always make sense to optimize for speed instead?>
>
> Because I like small and sleek executables :-)

No comment.

> Are there any processor-intensive bits in wget ? Most of the time
> it'll wait for the "Internet" anyway.

That's what I thought.  But that's patently false for downloads of
large sites -- for each page, Wget has to extract all the links, and
do a number of operations for each link.  When wget was using lists
instead of hash tables (this includes 1.6), performance would become a
problem after some time.

> BTW, compiling with DEBUG_MALLOC reveals three memory leaks :
> 0x13830432: mswindows.c:72    <-   *exec_name = xstrdup (*exec_name); in
> windows_main_junk
> 0x13830496: mswindows.c:168   <-   wspathsave = (char*) xmalloc (strlen
> (buffer) + 1); in ws_mypath

Can't say what these two should be.

> 0x13830848: utils.c:1525      <-   (struct wget_timer *)xmalloc (sizeof
> (struct wget_timer));

I think this is a timer allocated in show_progress.  It's allocated
only once so it's not really a leak.