Andre Majorel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Tried it on NCR MP-RAS 3.0 :

Thanks for testing it.

> - The CC "-cX" problem in wget 1.6 is fixed. Good. :-)

You mean "-Xc"?  I decided that "strict ANSI" mode is the wrong thing
to look for.  Among other things, it turns off useful extensions such
as `long long'.  It also often causes problems with the system header
files which are not stress-tested for "-Xc"-compliance.

> - The empty LIBS problem remains (add -lsocket -lnsl).

Do you have a config.log for this?  Wget's configure tries hard to
determine whether `-lsocket' and `-lnsl' are needed, and this seems to
work on Solaris.  Can you see why it fails on your machine?

> - utils.c doesn't compile because MAP_FAILED is not defined in
>   the system headers, so :

Ick.  I guess we add this to `sysdep.h':

#ifndef MAP_FAILED
# define MAP_FAILED ((void *) -1)
#endif

Then the "application" code could use MAP_FAILED normally, without
getting cluttered with ifdefs.