"Ifj. Pentek Imre" wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I'm writing to you because I want to know if WGET can be used to
> download multiple files. So if I want to download files in the same dir?
> What to do in this case? Can your program handle wildcards (like *?)?

This is best answer by reading the documentation on the web-site
(http://sunsite.dk/wget/). I think all your questions are answered in
first section. You are os course welcome to suggest improvements to our
documentation 8-)

Introduction to GNU wget

GNU Wget is a free software package for retrieving files using HTTP,
HTTPS and FTP, the two most widely-used Internet protocols. It is a
non-interactive
commandline tool, so it may easily be called from scripts, cron jobs,
terminals without Xsupport, etc.

Wget has many features to make retrieving large files or mirroring
entire web or FTP sites easy, including:

    Can resume aborted downloads, using REST and RANGE
    Can use filename wild cards and recursively mirror directories
    NLS-based message files for many different languages
    Optionally converts absolute links in downloaded documents to
relative, so that downloaded documents may link to each other locally
    Runs on most UNIX-like operating systems as well as Microsoft
Windows
    Supports HTTP and SOCKS proxies
    Supports HTTP cookies
    Supports persistent HTTP connections
    Unattended / background operation
    Uses local file timestamps to determine whether documents need to be
re-downloaded when mirroring
    GNU wget is distributed under the GNU General Public License.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HackLine                     +45 2031 7799