"Fazal Majid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I just downloaded and compiled wget 1.8 on Solaris 8 Intel MU6 with
> gcc 2.95.3 (configured to use Solaris ld and GNU as) and OpenSSL
> 0.9.6b. Thanks for folding in the PRNG code into this release.

Excellent -- glad it works for you.

> One problem I have encountered while building wget is a conflict
> between /usr/include/md5.h and /usr/local/include/md5.h (installed
> with the SASL library) that causes compilation of gen-md5.c to
> fail. Switching include paths to include /usr/include before others
> does not work because then /usr/include/stdarg.h overrides the gcc
> built-in, causing compilation to fail again.
>
> The workaround I used is to symlink /usr/include/md5 into
> wget-1.8/src.  Ugly, but effective.

Yes, thanks for the report.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a nicer
solution either.  It's very rude of SASL to shadow a system include
file without putting it in a separate directory.

One way to resolve this problem in the future is for everyone who has
this problem to file a bug report to the developers of the SASL
library.