On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> > If a simple gethostbyname() replacement is what you want,
> > getipnodebyname() should be used if getaddrinfo() doesn't do it.
>
> Yes, getipnodebyname looks nice.

 But it's obsolete and e.g. not present in glibc anymore.  I can't comment
other C libraries, but I'm told getaddrinfo() is the only resolving
function supported by the standard IPv6 API.

 I don't know if the IPv6 API is finally stabilized now, but for many
years it was nothing but a floating mess, sigh...

+        e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], PGP key available        +