Use the following to download files from an ftp site.

wget -N -nr ftp://ftp.f-prot.is/pub/*

The -N restricts the download to new/newer files only.

-nr is necessary to retain the .listing file.  By default it is deleted.

Substitute a specific filename for "*" if that's what you want.

Use -i <filespec> to list the URLs in a list file.

Use the above with -B to specify the base URL on the command line, and list
just the filenames in the list file.

Fred Holmes