On Monday 08 April 2002 19:18, you wrote:
> Ivan Buttinoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Again I send a suggestion, this time quite easy.  I hope it's not
> > allready implemented, else I'm sorry in advance.  It will be nice if
> > wget can use the regexp to evaluate what accept/refuse to download.
> > The regexp have to work on whole URL and/or filename and/or hostname
> > and/or CGI argument.  Sometime I found the apache directory sorting
> > links that are unusefull, eg:
> > .../?N=A
> > .../?M=D
> >
> > Here follows an hipotesis for the above example:
> > wget -r -l0 --reg-exclude '[A-Z]=[AD]$' http://....
>
> The problem with regexps is that their use would make Wget dependent
> on a regexp library.  To make matters worse, regexp libraries come in
> all shapes and sizes, with incompatible APIs and implementing
> incompatible dialects of regexps.
>
> I'm staying away from regexps as long as I possibly can.

Ok, exist a lot of implementation regexp as a consequence exist a lot of
implementations/dialets, but
don't forget _gnu rexep_ (http://www.gnu.org/directory/rx.html)!

And how difficult is insert  regexps at compile time? (ex. ./configure
--with-gnuregexp )?

Ciao
Ivan

 BWARE TECHNOLOGIES - http://www.bware.it/ Via S.Gregorio, 3, Milano 20124
 Italy -  Phone: +39 02 2779181 Fax: +39 02 27791828  GSM: +39 335 1280432