Kevin Rodgers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 1. Don't #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500 (by commenting it out).
>
> 2. Do #define _VA_ALIST.
>
> I can confirm that (1) works.  I didn't try (2).

Could you please try (2) and see if it works out?

I'm reluctant to withdraw the _XOPEN_SOURCE definition because it's
supposed to create the kind of "environment" that we want --
standards-compliant with useful extensions.  Without it, some
functions we use just don't get declared.  (I think strptime is one of
them, but there are probably more.)  I'm keeping that option as a last
resort.

Thanks for the report and the analysis.