Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> "Uncle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>I have a problem with subject. WGet tells me that "Continued download failed
>>on this file, which conflicts with `-c'. Refusing to truncate existing
>>file". How to solve this problem.
>>System environment: Windows98 SE, VC++ 6.0, Wingate 4.2.0 proxy.
>
> That message indicates that the HTTP server does not support continued
> downloading, which means that a new download would start from scratch.
> However, you already had a file and you specified `-c', meaning you
> want existing data intact.  That is the "conflict".

That might have been the intended reason for this error message, but I
have also seen it several times with HTTP servers that *did* support
partial downloads. In my case it was on Unix platforms with wget
versions >= 1.7. I usually then went back to a version 1.6, which I have
kept for this and other special cases, and this always did the continued
download without problems.

Best Regards,

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                   Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                         E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Germany