On Saturday 13 April 2002 23:00, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> 2. Plug the "filter" script between the local mail delivery agent and
>    Mailman.  The filter can add an `X-Moderate-Me-Please' header to
>    the mails that fail the filtering rules.  I can implement the
>    filter.

I'm using Mail::Spam-Assassin here on my own mail via procmail and it seems to
do a pretty good job. Subscriber's addresses could be automatically put on
the "whitelist" to pass w/o question, and then moderation / junking could be
chosen based on the value of the spam score.

It adds headers like this (from a SPAM message):

SPAM: ---- Start SpamAssassin results
SPAM: 9.8 hits, 5 required;
SPAM: *  1.3 -- From: ends in numbers
SPAM: *  1.0 -- Subject has an exclamation mark
SPAM: *  5.0 -- BODY: Broken CGI script message
SPAM: *  0.9 -- BODY: Asks you to click below
SPAM: *  1.6 -- BODY: Tells you to click on a URL
SPAM:
SPAM: ---- End of SpamAssassin results

See your local CPAN outlet if you're interested.
--
AlanE