On 2002-04-19 16:46 +0100, Ian Abbott wrote:

> > It means that `www.arsdigita.de' cannot set
> > the cookie for `arsdigita.de'.  To make *that* work, you'd have to
> > maintain a database of domains that use ".co.xxx" convention, as
> > opposed to those that use just ".xxx".
>
> Could you assume that all two-letter TLDs are country-code TLDs and
> require one more period than other TLDs (which are presumably at
> least three characters long)?

Unfortunately, no. And you can't even use a TLD table to know
which TLDs require an extra dot because TLDs some swing both
ways ! For instance, you can have both gnomovision.fr and
gnomovision.com.fr.

>From http://www.afnic.asso.fr/enregistrement/nommage-fr.html,
the known subdomains for .fr are :

 .aeroport.fr
 .assedic.fr
 .asso.fr
 .avocat.fr
 .avoues.fr
 .cci.fr
 .chambagri.fr
 .chirurgiens-dentistes.fr
 .com.fr
 .experts-comptables.fr
 .geometre-expert.fr
 .gouv.fr
 .huissier-justice.fr
 .medecin.fr
 .nom.fr
 .notaires.fr
 .pharmacien.fr
 .port.fr
 .prd.fr
 .presse.fr
 .tm.fr
 .veterinaire.fr

There might be others. It's probably madness to try to track
that.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
std::disclaimer ("Not speaking for my employer");