[ Added the list to Cc ]

Thomas Lussnig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> i can write some Doku for the SSL Options and what they are used
> for.  and i think his point is right --ssl-cakey --ssl-cafile would
> be nicer but i used the naming convention that exist from the older
> ssl options.

I know, and I don't blame you.  But I'd like that to be changed
*before* we document the options and therefore cast them in stone.
Also, "cafile" is not a word, so it would have to be:

--ssl-ca-file
--ssl-ca-key

Except I have no clue what a "CA" is and why one would want to set
it.  Are you sure this is even needed as a command-line option?  We
now have no less than eight (8) SSL-related command-line options --
and I don't understand any of them, so I can't tell whether they're
really necessary.

Do we need all those options?  Do other command-line downloaders with
support for SSL have all these options?  Please take a look at
`curl''s command-line option (curl --help); I believe its SSL-related
options are well-designed, so perhaps we should copy the names.  That
would reuse the work curl people invested and make it easier for users
to switch back and forth between the two programs.

> An other feature what im missing is automated SSH Forward.
>
> Work "like" SOCK but with an external programm, but we have some
> server that allowed to connect from source 80 to extern but for
> updates i need to build an ssh tunnel outside the fw and fetch
> through this.  What do you think about such an feature ?

Sounds nice, but I'm not sure how FTP would work with it.