On Monday 22 September 2003 00:20, you wrote:
> Sorry about the lack of response.  Your feature requests are quite
> reasonable, but I have no idea of the timeframe when I'll work on them
> (they're not a priority for me).  Perhaps someone else is interested
> in helping implement them.
>
> The things I planned to tackle for a post-1.9 release are compression
> support and proper password "manager".
>
> BTW, have you tried `--http-user' and `--http-passwd'?  They're
> supposed to do pretty much what you describe.

That's weied. I tried --http-user and --http-passwd and all is working well.
According to the documentation the following are equivalent:

        wget -r --http-user=foo --http-passwd=bar http://my.org

and

        wget -r http://foo:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

But they are not. Version 1 works while version 2 doesnt ?!?

Can anyone explain this and if it is so for some techincal reason then fix the
documentation to state it explicitly and not say that they are equivalent ?

Cheers,
        Mark

P.S. Some of the features that I mentioned are very easy to implement (like
the "don't leave half downloaded file on errors" thing). So maybe there is a
chance of that going in ?!?...:)

--
Name: Mark Veltzer
Title: Research and Development, Meta Ltd.