Payal Rathod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have 5-7 user accounts in /home whose data is important. Every day at
> 12:00 I want to back their data to a differnt backup machine.
> The remote machine has a ftp server.
> Can I use wget for this? If yes, how do I proceed?

The way to do it with Wget would be something like:

    wget --mirror --no-host-directories ftp://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It will preserve permissions.  Having said that, I believe that rsync
would be better at this because it's much more careful to correctly
transfer a directory tree from point A to point B.

(For better transfer of file names, you should also use Wget 1.9 beta
and specify `--restrict-file-names=nocontrol'.)