On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Hrvoje Niksic's patch:

> This patch implements a first attempt of using the CONNECT method to
> establish passthrough of SSL communication over non-SSL proxies.  This will
> require testing.

I find this wording a bit funny. What is a "non-SSL" proxy? CONNECT is the
defined way to speak SSL when using a http proxy...

> +      /* #### This does not appear right.  Can't the proxy request,
> +      say, `Digest' authentication?  */

Right, the proxy can of course require Digest (or other kinds of)
authentication. The 'A2' encoded chunk needs the 'CONNECT' string then.

Also, I couldn't really tell from this patch, but make sure that you don't
accidentally pass on the proxy authentication in the following request to the
actual remote server as well.

--
         -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-