Alain Bench <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Wget 1.9.1: I sometimes seem to be stuck in an overly long (like
> more than 1 hour) timeout on closing connection, when server went
> down or modem hangup during a read or just before close. I use
> Wget's default timeout (0, 0, 900), or sometimes --timeout=30 (30,
> 30, 30), and understand it's for name resolution, initial connect,
> and read. But what about close?

Do I understand you correctly that Wget hangs for about 1 hour during
the kernel close() call?  Did you confirm that with trace?

If that is the case, it sounds like an operating system problem.
close should AFAIK not hang, and it cannot be polled for or skipped
because it is the only way to tell the system to reclaim the file
descriptor -- avoiding close would cause a file descriptor leak!