Greg Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I took a peek at my cookies while logging into the site in a regular
> browser.  It definitely adds a session cookie when I log in,

I think your problem should be solvable with `--keep-session-cookies'.
The server will have no way of knowing that the two "sessions" are in
fact different.  For example:

# "Browse" to the log in page to get a permanent cookie and the unique
# string.  (We keep session cookies just in case they get added too.)

wget --keep-session-cookies --save-cookies login.txt LOGIN-PAGE-URL

# Now, extract the action URL from the page and log in.  Make sure the
# cookies from the previous step are loaded and that the new cookies
# are saved.

wget --keep-session-cookies \
     --load-cookies login.txt --save-cookies login.txt \
     --post-data "..." ACTION-PAGE-URL

# Finally, you should have all the cookie credentials in `login.txt'.
# You can proceed downloading the contents.

wget --load-cookies=login.txt -r ...

For this to work, you need the CVS version of Wget, which introduced
the `--keep-session-cookies' option.  I haven't tested any of this on
your site, but it really should work.  If this doesn't, please let us
know.

> I tried using my plan-jane cookies file from my normal browser
> (mozilla) with wget - no luck.

That must be because the login cookie is a "session cookie", so the
browser never saved it to the cookie jar.