Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> The whole matter of conversion of "/" to "/index.html" on the file
> system is a hack.  But I really don't know how to better represent
> empty trailing file name on the file system.

Another, for now rather limited, hack: on file systems which support some
sort of file attributes you can mark index.html as an unwanted child of an
empty trailing file name. AFAIK, that should work at least on Solaris and
Linux. Others will join the club one day, I hope.

--
 .-.   .-.    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely
(_  \ /  _)   ceremonial.