On Wed, 26 May 2004, Bufford, Benjamin (AGRE) wrote:

> The colon is allowed in directory names and file names as far as I know.

 Well, then there's no way of automatic detection if the initial path
element of an URL specifies a disk or a directory.  Perhaps a special
construct could be used, such as a double slash.

> I don't use VMS much either, but in this case I need to retrieve data
> from an OpenVMS server so I have learned a little about it.  I am not
> sure what amount of tweaking would address the issue, but apparently
> there is currently nothing in wget, or any other program I have checked,
> to handle that type of pathname as a URL.

 Well, as the last resort, you can always use a regular FTP client.

+        e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], PGP key available        +