Alle 20:05, venerdì 5 novembre 2004, Ulf Härnhammar ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I have found that it's possible for a malicious FTP server to crash GNU
> Wget by sending malformed directory listings. Wget will parse them without
> checking if they are written in the proper format. It will do a fixed
> number of strtok() calls and then atoi() calls, and with the wrong format,
> atoi() will dereference NULL, leading to a crash.
>
> This affects 1.9.1, the latest CVS version and some older stable versions.
>
> I have attached a patch against 1.9.1 that will correct this, and a little
> fake FTP server that exhibits this problem when Wget connects to it. The
> server should be started from inetd or xinetd. My inetd.conf line looks
> like this:
>
> ftp   stream  tcp     nowait  metaur  /usr/bin/perl perl
> /path/to/wget-crasher.pl
>
> // Ulf Harnhammar
>    http://www.advogato.org/person/metaur/

hi ulf,

your patch has just been merged into wget cvs. sorry for the delay, but i have
been quite busy lately. thank you very much!!!

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute of Human & Machine Cognition   http://www.ihmc.us
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net