El 12/01/2005, a las 14:33, Daniel Stenberg escribió:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Wincent Colaiuta wrote:

Daniel really needs to do one of two things:

Thanks for telling me what to do.

I was just pointing out your hypocrisy because I found it offensive. When you told Leonid to shut up, did he write back and sarcastically thank you for it? No, he didn't. You could learn something from him. So here's another piece of advice for you: grow up.

Your listing wasn't 100% accurate though. Am I not allowed to discuss technical solutions for wget if that involves a term from a different Free Software project I am involved in? I guess not.

You've entirely missed the point of my post.

You said, "This mailing list is for wget, not curl. We can talk about what curl does and does not on the curl mailing list." I merely went and grabbed a selection of quotes showing you doing the exact opposite (talking about what curl does on the wget mailing list).

This strikes me as hypocritical. Basically, according to your world view, you are allowed to promote your competing project on the wget mailing list through repeated unsolicited, advertisements, and the wget developers are expected to silently tolerate it (which is exactly what they've done). On the other hand, nobody is allowed to make any comments about curl that you don't like, and if they do, you'll invoke a double-standard in which curl can't be discussed on the wget mailing list.

As you can see, in the other four mentionings of your list, I did mention the other tool to HELP the users who were asking for features wget doesn't provide.

I don't object to you helping people. I don't even object to you mentioning curl on the wget list.

I *strongly* object to you trying to silence the speech and opinions of others by invoking a double standard.

When people ask for stuff on other mailing lists and I know wget can do them fine, I usually recommend wget to them. I guess that is stupid too.

No need to overreact, Daniel. You should obviously recommend the best tool for the job.

Perhaps I'll learn all this when I grow older.

This is my last mail here on this topic.

Fantastic!