Hi Jason!

If I understood you correctly, this quote from the manual should help you:
*******
Note that these two options [accept and reject based on filenames] do not
affect the downloading of HTML files; Wget must load all the HTMLs to know
where to go at all--recursive retrieval would make no sense otherwise.
*******

If you are seeing wget behaviour different from this, please a) update your
wget and b) provide more details where/how it happens.

CU & good luck!
Jens (just another user)

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot