On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, andi kete wrote:

> My question, using DOS wget, is:
>
> If wget is stopped before finished, links are not converted to relative
> links (which point to hard disk file:/);
> I would like to know whether you provide any utility program for that
>
> (in my situation, using public gratis computers with limited access it is
> almost impossible without consequences to try to recompile one that part of
> your source program if possible without major diffulties at all, it is also
> not possible to move already downloaded files to local webserver and
> download them from there, and repeating download with one level less would
> lose some files already on the disk) ?

I am a bit confused by your post. Are you really using the DOS port
obtained from my web site? It seems unlikely that public computers would
be running DOS. Perhaps you are really using a Windows port. What does
"wget --version" say?

When you say that wget is stopped before finished, are you stopping it
with CTRL-C or is it stopping because of a network problem? What is your
command line? I don't know of a utility that converts all the links to
local, but you should be able to write a script using sed, awk, or perl
to do what you want. To see what wget does, look in the file "convert.c"
in the wget source.

                         Doug

--
Doug Kaufman