Vitaly Lomov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Maybe you're not letting Wget finish the mirroring.  The links are
>> converted only after everything has been downloaded.  I've now tried
>> `wget -Ekrl2 http://www.cro.ie/index.asp --restrict-file-names=windows'
>> (the last argument being to emulate modification of ? to @ done under
>> Windows) and it converted the links correctly.
> Actually, it never finishes for me. I have waited for an hour now,
> still waits for response. I don't know how you could do it in 30min.

I now tried it again, and it took about 10 minutes.  My DSL connection
was the bottle-neck.

> I just copied your command line, ran it and it blocks. Then I put
> the timeout -T9 , still waits:
>
>     --17:30:02--
> http://www.cro.ie/search/template_generic.asp?ID=8&Level1=3&Level2=0
>              => `www.cro.ie/search/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&Level1=3&Level2=0'
>     Reusing existing connection to www.cro.ie:80.
>     HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 No headers, assuming HTTP/0.9
>     Length: unspecified
>
>     [<=>                                  ] 0             --.--K/s

I got this for that part of the download:

--20:54:00--
http://www.cro.ie/search/template_generic.asp?ID=8&Level1=3&Level2=0
           => `www.cro.ie/search/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&Level1=3&Level2=0'
Connecting to www.cro.ie|62.17.220.228|:80... connected.
20:54:02 ERROR 404: Not Found.

The "assuming HTTP/0.9" you see is potentially dangerous because it
might indicate that a previous download left things in a strange
state.

Does the download work if you use --no-http-keep-alive?

> Do you run yours on non-Windows? maybe that's the difference. Will a
> debug printout of this help you?

I haven't tried it on Windows yet because I thought the problem was
related to link conversion and therefore occurred on all platforms.