On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Noèl Köthe wrote:

The last paragraph says something like: "Notable is the fast time of reaction of the Open Source developer: two days ago the problem was reported, yesterday corrected packages were produced and details of the vulnerability were published."

Just want to give you very possitive feedback and say thanks.:)

I mailed Hrvoje the patch roughly 50 minutes after the notification (and he forwarded it to Mauro). Wget 1.10.2 was relased less than 14 hours after the first mail brought our attention to this problem.

Both Hrvoje and Mauro acted swiftly and promptly. Nice going guys!

(The plan was originally to coordinate the security fix release with vendors and between the curl and wget projects, but due to mistakes did the notification accidentally become public immediately and we had to work really fast to reduce the impact.)

--
         -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-