Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
Hello. I would like to have a database within wget. The database
would let wget know what it has downloaded earlier. Wget could
download only new and changed files, and could continue the download
without having the old downloadings in my disk.

The database would also be accessed by other programs.
E.g., new downloads could be later merged to the earlier downloads
with another program.
E.g., the database would allow me to remember when I'm trying to
download something I already have.

this is an interesting feature. anyone else would like it to be included in wget?

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net