Curtis Hatter wrote:
On Friday 31 March 2006 06:52, Mauro Tortonesi:

while i like the idea of supporting modifiers like "quick" (short
circuit) and maybe "i" (case insensitive comparison), i think that (?i:)
and (?-i:) constructs would be overkill and rather hard to implement.

I figured that the (?i:) and (?-i:) constructs would be provided by the regular expression engine and that the --filter switch would simply be able to use any construct provided by that engine.

i know, that would be really nice.

If, as you said, this would be hard to implement or require extra effort by you that is above and beyond that required for the more "standard" constructs then I would say that they shouldn't be implemented; at least at first.

i agree.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net