Hi,

I am trying to download a Wiki category for off-line browsing,
and am using a command-line like this:

wget http://wiki/Category:Fish -r -l 1 -k

Wiki categories contain colons in their filenames, for example:

Category:Fish

If I request that wget convert absolute paths to relative links, then
it will create a link like this:

Unfortunately, this is not a valid URL, because the browser
interprets the 'Category:' as the invalid protocol
"Category", not the local filename 'Category:Fish'

You can get wget to replace the : with an escaped character
using --restrict-file-names=windows, but unfortunately this
does not fix the problem because the browser will un-escape
the URL and will still continue to look for a file with a colon
in it.

I am not sure of the best way to address this bug, because I
am not sure if it possible to escape the ':' to prevent the
browser from treating it as a delimiter.

It might be best to be allowed to specify some other character,
such as '_', to be used to replace the ':' in both filename and URL.

Regards,

Peter Fletcher