Micah Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I would like for devs to be able to avoid the hassle of posting
> non-trivial changes they make to the wget-patches list. To my mind,
> there are two ways of accomplishing this:
>
> 1. Make wget-patches a list _only_ for submitting patches for
> consideration by devs, no longer with the additional purpose of
> communicating changes from the devs to the users.

I don't think wget-patches was ever meant for communicating changes
from the developers to the users.  The main wget list was supposed to
be used for that.  As far as I'm aware, wget-patches was always a list
meant for receiving patches (and possibly tracking them).

> If using wget-patches to communicate changes that have been made is
> in fact still a useful thing, then option #2 would be best. However,
> it's not clear to me that a significant number of people are
> actually reading wget-patches for this purpose, in which case any
> that do want to know about such changes are probably better off
> subscribing to wget-notify to see them, and I should employ option
> #1.

I think I agree with your reasoning.