Micah Cowan wrote:
Since I do virtually all my work on a laptop, which is usually but not
always connected to the Wired, I have begun experimenting with
distributed SCMs. I have recently been using Mercurial for work on Wget,
and then synching the work with Subversion, and am very happy with it so
far. I would like to consider moving Wget development from Subversion to
Mercurial at some point in the future, if it continues to work well.

Have you already considered and rejected git? I'm not trying to start a VCS war, it's just that I've seen some other GNU projects (notably coreutils and gnulib) moving to git and want to know you didn't pick hg just because it's the first DVCS you liked.

--
Matthew
"Nobody expects the traditional Bourne shell!"