Micah Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Or getting the definition requires defining a magic preprocessor
>> symbol such as _XOPEN_SOURCE.  The man page I found claims that the
>> function is defined by XPG4 and links to standards(5), which
>> explicitly documents _XOPEN_SOURCE.
>
> Right. But we set that unconditionally in <sysdep.h>,

Only if you made it so.  The config-post.h code only set it on systems
where that's known to be safe, currently Linux and Solaris.  (The
reason was that some systems, possibly even Tru64, failed to compile
with _XOPEN_SOURCE set.)

Also note that Autoconf tests don't include sysdep.h, so the test
could still be failing.  It would be worth investigating why curl's
Autoconf test passes and ours (probably) doesn't.