Micah Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The prerelease still has a potential for crashes: in the Czech locales
> it will tend to crash if the download is large (or slow) enough to push
> minutes into the three-digit zone (that is, if it would take > 1 hour
> and 40 minutes).

How can minutes get in the three-digit zone?  Anything longer than an
hour should be printed using hours and minutes.  Anything longer than
two days should be printed using days and hours.  Anything longer than
100 days should be printed with days only.

> I've removed even this potential in the current
> development sources (replacing it instead with an ugly, too-long
> progress bar that can either scroll the screen continually, or else
> leave an unerased character at the end of the line - but those are
> preferable to the crash, methinks).

Of course, but such a fix shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

The assert reveals sloppy coding on my part.  It would have been much
better to use snprintf-like code that refuses to write more than the
buffer size in the first place.

> Ideally, Wget wouldn't even scroll the screen, etc, in the face of
> two-long ETA strings; it should properly count how much space it
> has, rather than guesstimate.

It wasn't supposed to be guesstimation; eta_to_human_short was
carefully coded not to exceed the size constraint expected by
create_image.