On Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 22:37:41 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> Or it could be that you're picking up a different fnmatch.h that sets
> up a different value for FNM_PATHNAME.  Do you have more than one
> "fnmatch.h" installed on your system?

I have only /usr/include/fnmatch.h installed, identical to the file in
the libc-5.4.33 tarball, and defining the same values as wget's
src/sysdep.h (even comments are identical). Just "my" fnmatch.h defines
two more flags, FNM_LEADING_DIR=8 and FNM_CASEFOLD=16, and defines an
FNM_FILE_NAME alias (commented as "Preferred GNU name") to
FNM_PATHNAME=1 (the libc code uses only this alias). Anyway I had
noticed your comment about incompatible headers, and double-checked your
little test program also with explicit value 1: same results.

BTW everybody should be able to reproduce the make test failure, on any
system, just by #undefining SYSTEM_FNMATCH in src/sysdep.h

Alain.