I will be out of the office Friday, September 12th.

If this is an emergency, please contact the Help Desk.

Thanks.

Chris T.

>>> WhatsUp_Forum 09/11/03 16:11 >>>

There is no built-in support for NTLM authentication within WhatsUp
Gold.  As it happens I entered this as a Feature Request back in June
2003 after reading that Mozilla had implemented  NTLM support with v1.4
for Windows.

I have just updated the Feature Request with your info.

Mark Symons
Ipswitch, Inc
Augusta GA

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of James Amann
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 16:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WhatsUp Forum] HTTP Content Scan -
LoginRequired-NTLMAuthentication - PopUp

I have found that the following string:

Send=GET / HTTP/1.0\r\nAccept: */*\r\nUser-Agent:
Ipswitch_Whatsup/4.0\r\nAuthorization: Basic [AUTHORIZATION
STRING]\r\n\r\n
Expect=~.*</html>

Will succesfully poll and receive the html content, this only works if
the site authorization is set to basic.  Is there a way to negotiate the
Windows Integrated Authentication?  It appears from the traces that
there is a 3 step process of gets/responses, but so far I am unable to
get the send/expect statements to duplicate this.

Again, if anyone actually has this working I would love to know.

James

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/10/03 02:52PM >>>
Still looking for ideas...

I have modified the send as follows based on a few post I found, still
not working but I suspect I am getting closer:

Without the user/pass combo on any site, this string works and returns
the page.  Something is amiss with the user/pass????

Send=GET http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED] \r\n
Expect=~.*</html>

Log Output

[HOST IP] 001: Expect=~.*</html>