Ian Hickson wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
Why?  The closer we can define the behaviour to be compatible with existing
standards mode behaviours, the better it will be for backwards compatibility?

This entire discussion started from the developers of all the browsers who implemented the SGML comment mode coming to me and telling me I was stupid for even suggesting that this is how comments should be parsed. The whole point of all this is to simplify comment parsing.

Yes, and I agree with that. But, besides Mozilla, which of those browser versions that I tested actually have SGML comments enabled?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/