Le 5 nov. 2006 à 7:52, Elliotte Harold a écrit :

Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

Scholarly books sometimes use both footnotes and endnotes for different things -- footnotes for citations and endnotes for tangential discussions, or vice versa. I've never seen an HTML document try to make this distinction, though.

Distinguishing footnotes and endnotes would require a multipage document: footnotes go at the bottom of this page, endnotes at the bottom of some other page.

Since HTML5 is primarily about single pages, I suggest calling any such element footnote and not having a separate endnote element. This is a good example of picking fewer over more semantics as discussed in another thread.

I agree with that. The distinction between a footnote and an endnote would be better left to the stylesheet.

Michel Fortin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.michelf.com/