Ian Hickson wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Sam Ruby wrote:
Independent of what the specs say *MUST* happen, I'd like people to bring up one or more browsers with a URL from this list, and see if the browser asked them if they wanted to subscribe. Subscribe is not a normal feature associated with text/html, which is the Content-Type that you will find for each.

Actually, this is what Web Apps 1.0 will require, I just haven't written the sniffing algorithm yet. This is the placeholder section:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#navigating

Note the mention of RSS/Atom in the first red box.

I have a request. It would be nice if the sniffing algorithm made an exception for "text/plain". Use case:

http://svn.smedbergs.us/wordpress-atom10/tags/0.6/wp-atom10-comments.php

- Sam Ruby