Le 31 déc. 2006 à 21:39, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:28:44 +0100, Elliotte Harold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I know the Web has a real problem with source citation, plagiarism, and giving credit where credit is due. However removing one of the real tools we have to support appropriate citation is not going in the right direction.

You apparently didn't read the part of my proposal of moving the information cite="" gives to a more visual place. (I think I also mentioned allowing both if there was a real need for cite="".)

It is useful and usable
http://www.blog-and-blues.org/weblog/2004/08/24/284-attribut-cite- pseudo-lien
http://simonwillison.net/2002/Dec/20/blockquoteCitations/
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/structural-markup-javascript
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200411/ quotations_and_citations_quoting_text/

It doesn't need always to be visual as well. plus the fact that the cite can be things like

        cite="urn:isbn:0671892584"

And it is used on the Web, at least on my personal web site. The Web is not only about browsers.

  QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
     *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***