Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis skrev:
When I talked to WebKit developers about this, it seemed they considered
their support for real XHTML less reliable than their support for HTML
at that point. So while Safari's Accept header may be suboptimal,
there's nothing terribly wrong with interpreting it the same as IE and
serving it HTML instead.

Which means that if I sniff for Safari I will continue to send text/html
even when that browser has solved its problems with application/xhtml+xml

I see this whole discussion as an exact equivalent of "object detection"
vz. "browser sniffing" in JavaScript. I also think it is getting rather
off topic.... You know (X)HTML 5!

Lars Gunther