On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 06:51:29 -0000, Henry Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

- Unnecessary dependency on DOM Events

This feature is inherently event-based. I think it does make sense to re-use existing framework for event handling.

However, I haven't found use-case for remote triggering of standard events, like mouse and keyboard events. I always use my custom events, because I don't want to couple server-side code with details of particular user interface.

- Redundancy with already existing techniques, especially XMLHttpRequest

It's much simpler to use and allows browser to manage the connection.

I propose that we remove support for non-message events; that is, allow only events with MessageEvent interface.

+1

Scripts that need that functionality can create wrapper on client-side that will dispatch other types of events.

The critically cool part, however, is that since MessageEvents store their domain and URI origin, it will be safe to allow for cross-domain messaging through this server-sent events.

I don't see how it makes cross-domain messaging safe. Without Access-Control mechanism, what would prevent malicious site from reading event-source of e.g. users' gmail chat? (variant of CSRF attack)

--
regards, Kornel LesiƄski