Dave Oneal wrote:
I think the question is justified. It's the same as with the noscript tag. Depending on the javascript support, you'll see EITHER the contents of the script tag OR the contents of the noscript tag. Imagine you've got a highly interactive ajax application with drag and drop and everything else. I would like to place this "multimedia" (where multimedia doesn't necessary mean audio/video) content into a <view> tag and a more accessible version into a <noview> tag.

So it's not only about hiding extra accessibilty information from the screen, but also about hiding interactvie/... information from the screenreader/...

I think it's a mistake to assume a "accessible" or "screen-reader-friendly" view should be non-interactive.

In so far as this is true at all, it's largely a result of web interactivity depending on non-standard widgets. AFAICT, this is one of the problems HTML5 tries to solve.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis