Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
    "Custom data attributes are intended to store custom data private to
    the page or application, for which there are no more appropriate
    attributes or elements." -- <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#custom>

I'm confused. Are you trying to imply that my suggestion is somehow against the spec definition? If so, please accompany your quoting of

I'm not trying to imply that, it really is the case.

the spec with an actual explanation of your point. I cannot respond to you when I essentially have to imagine your entire argument for myself first.

I thought it's obvious. How is RDF data "custom data private to the page or application"?

BR, Julian