On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 17:08:29 +0100, Keryx Web <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

E.g. <input placeholder="name"> is present on the page, but no other explanatory text. The user accidentally types in "qqqq". How will the user get the hint back? Deleting what has been typed and blurring the field. Good usability? I think not!

Therefore I suggest limiting placeholder to type=search.

I rarely see placeholders used in other context than search. Distinctive look of search input should prevent abuse of it for other kinds of inputs.

--
regards, Kornel Lesinski