Ian Hickson wrote:
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Jonas Sicking wrote:
I don't really see how we can do away with this without interop issues.
It sounds to me like simply saying:

setTimout(handler, ms):
  When called will schedule a event 'ms' milliseconds after the function
  is called. When the event fires 'handler' is called.

would make it a bug to not fire the event and produce any side effects that it would have. For exactly the same reasons that canceling a pending XHR request would be a bug.

The above would also mean that the timeout would fire even after the document has been closed, which is not what we want.

True, you also need to define that when a document is closed pending timers and in-progress XHR requests, are canceled. Don't know enough to have an opinion on DB transactions.

/ Jonas