On 14 Dec 2008, at 21:55, Edward Z. Yang wrote:

Are there any specific differences that pose problems?

Not that I know of yet, since I haven't started on an implementation
yet. Which brings me back to my original question: how stable is section
8? I would rather not be chasing a moving target.

It's not really a moving target — what it is is largely constrained by the requirement to parse pre-existing documents (which rely on almost every possible bit of behaviour).

If you do start work on a PHP implementation, please do seriously consider adding it to the html5lib project (which currently contains Python and Ruby implementations) as MIT licensed — there are also a fair number of test cases there.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>