Alex Russell wrote:
Think bigger. I want to create a concrete Element class (that's what a

As a minor nit, a <span> is basically an HTMLElement, not an Element.

and make it subclassable (or treat it as a Trait for purposes of composition) so
that we can do a component system that lets you introduce new elements
that act sanely both in the HTML and JavaScript senses.

This has pretty serious security issues of various sorts, depending on what your subclassing would allow you to override.

-Boris