Hixie wrote:
don't want to start adding more elements to this list of complexity.

Fair enough. But in that case, I think perhaps the spec could do with a bit of rewording for the <small> element.

The current wording:

"Small print typically features disclaimers, caveats, legal
restrictions, or copyrights. Small print is also sometimes used for
attribution, or for satisfying licensing requirements."

...sounds like an *exact* fit for Remy's use case:

So I'm making a list of disclaimers for my site:

<ol>
<li>You must agree to this term</li>
<li>And this term too</li>
<li>And don't break this term</li>
<li>And don't forget the milk</li>
</ol>

Does anyone have any ideas on a rewording of the definition of the <small> element to make it clear that it is only intended for certain instances but not others?

Alternatively, does anyone else think the <small> element should be capable of wrapping inline and block elements? (raises hand)

--
Jeremy Keith

a d a c t i o

http://adactio.com/