Here is a good example of the conflict between Google and Mozilla over clip():
http://www.imperialviolet.org/2009/09/02/anti-aliased-clipping.html

There is another conflict, with the composition modes between the two, with Google again taking another principled stand. I'm sorry I don't supporting links for that,
but it effects many of the composite operations (at least four of them).

I'm hoping to have both methods supported, I think they are both valuable.
I've certainly used both methods in my work the past few years.

This is very much about the clipping pipeline.

-Charles

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
I agree it would be good for canvas users to be able to turn off antialiasing in <canvas>. But your syntax is not the best way to do that. In particular, this really has nothing to do with clipping, it's all about antialiasing, and a boolean property would be just fine here IMHO. It doesn't matter if <canvas> currently has no boolean properties, lots of other elements do.

Rob
--
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:5-6]