On 2010-03-19 17:19, Roger Hågensen wrote:
On 2010-03-19 15:17, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
>  I just feel that the<head>  and<body>  areas of a page have two
>  distinct uses, and unnecessary crossovers shouldn't occur if it's
>  avoidable.

If you look at my other thread Re: [whatwg]<meta name="description"
href="#desc" />
It allows notifying the parser that the content is in the page, and it
is up to the parsers configuration whether to scan beyond the header in
that case. Best of both worlds IMO.

Roger.
I did see that, and it looks like a great idea, as it shouldn't really break anything, and I saw that it should be possible to use for the keywords too, which would fit perfectly with tag cloud systems used on a page.

I would presume that this would cause the content parser (browser) to strip any and all tags surrounding the marked content?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Well, looking at the example http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-March/025575.html I remebeerd that thew title element may have html markup in it (seen it in the wild), so most parsers probably apply tag stripping to that already, so yeah, stripping tags the parser do not want shouldn't be an issue really.